Bertacco Ferrier provides divestment advice to a broad range of clients managing distressed portfolios including receivors, accountants, banks and mortgage insurers. It is important that distressed assets are sold at market levels to ensure all stakeholders receive their entitled equity, noting that failing to do so can result in litigation.
Our expert advice encapsulates a full analysis and recommendation for the property with our process including:
- A full independent valuation of the portfolio or single asset
- SWOT analysis
- Identification of structural or cosmetic faults, cost to repair and a cost/benefit analysis
- Analysis of any existing leases and advice regarding current and proposed income and outgoings
- Market research including existing competing stock, proposed supply and demand
- Recommendation with regard to selling method and selling period